As a coach, Marsha partners with her clients to help them “leverage” their strengths, enhance their executive presence, and increase their leadership effectiveness to optimize organizational performance. She believes in creating a safe and supportive environment where meaningful and outcome-focused conversations occur that can make a difference in individual or team performance. She has coached executives, senior leaders including expatriates temporarily assigned in the US, and senior leadership teams.
As consultant, Marsha helps organizations address their adaptive challenges, make tough strategic choices about what to change, develop sustainable change solutions, and manage the transition. When partnering with her clients, she uses an intentional and systems thinking approach to facilitate the surfacing of challenges impeding organizational performance and the “discovery” of internal best practices and positive deviances that can result in higher performance.
Marsha has extensive experience working in various industries including:
- Education: Dufferin-Peel Catholic School District Board, Johns Hopkins Medical School, Louisiana State University, Mary Mount University, MeHarry Medical College, Robert W. Woodruff Library Center, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, University of Maryland, University of Louisville
- Health Care: American Nurses Association, Georgia Rural Health Department, Center for Vein Restoration, Mott Hospital, Saint Agnes Hospital, Veterans Administration, Walter Reed National Medical Center
- Nonprofit: AARP, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, HBCU Library Alliance, , National Children’s Center, National Osteoporosis Foundation, National Center for Prostate Research, Michigan Minority Business Development Center, World Vision (US)
- Public: Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Department of Agriculture, Department of Navy, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Health and Health Services, Fairfax County Department of Mental Health, Federal Reserve Bank, Georgia Public Health Department, National Park Service, Peace Corps, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Social Security Administration
- Private/Multinational Business: Betaseed, Corning (North America), Concerro, Daimler (North America), Futrend, Inc., ESPN, First Bank of South Africa, L’Oréal, Plansee Group (Austria), ZF (Germany)
Marsha’s educational background includes:
- MS, Organization Development, Johns Hopkins University
- MS, Nursing Administration, George Mason University
- Graduate Certificate in Group Facilitation, Johns Hopkins University
- Graduate Certificate in Evidence-based Coaching, Fielding Graduate University
She has co-authored several articles and book chapters, designed and facilitated leadership development programs, facilitated small and large groups, and been invited to speak at both national and international conferences. She has also served as an adjunct faculty member at George Mason University. Marsha stays abreast with the most current thinking and research in coaching, leadership development, and organizational effectiveness through her professional affiliation with the International Leadership Association, International Coach Federation, and Institute of Coaching. Marsha is an International Coach Federation (ICF) certified coach. She is based out of Herndon, VA.