For over twenty years, David Lassiter has been a developer, coach, and mentor of organizational leaders and their teams. His expertise lies in helping senior managers understand the impact they have on the people around them and more consciously manage that impact for increased effectiveness. He has a proven record of helping clients cultivate the flexible, innovative, and decisive leadership essential to sustainable personal and organizational success and satisfaction.
Prior to establishing his own consultancy in 1985, he worked with two Fortune 100 corporations, Marriott and Freddie Mac, as a line manager and executive developer. Since then he has continued to focus on helping executives improve themselves, their teams and their organizations.
Examples of programs and services that David provides include:
- Executive Coaching
- Strategic Team Alignment
- 360° Assessment & Feedback
- OD Consulting
- Transforming Personal Effectiveness
- The Five Pillars of Leadership (for emerging leaders)
- Assessing and Managing Cultural Change
- Strategic Leadership Alignment (for seasoned leaders)
- Job Candidate Selection & Succession Management
The Executive Coaching process he utilizes is designed to provide seasoned outside perspective, feedback and development in four critical situations:
- When executives want to take their “game” to a higher level of performance and satisfaction
- When proven performers are being groomed to handle broader responsibilities
- When valued executives are experiencing unresolved challenges in managing, communicating or interacting with those essential to their success
- When there is a strategic need to develop whole categories of management for future organization success
David is also a recognized authority in the use of 360° feedback for personal and group change. His approach provides clear, reliable and actionable data and support to help clients become more self-aware and self-managing. A rigorous and honest process provides clients with an unclouded understanding of the impact they have on others. Armed with this insight and a plan, executives develop their ability to more consciously manage and improve their effectiveness.
In addition to Masters degrees from Harvard and Johns Hopkins Universities, his background spans more than twenty-five years in the for-profit, public and non-profit sectors. He has lived and worked in Asia, as well as the UK and the Middle East.
Industries David has served include insurance, finance, healthcare, software, manufacturing, high tech, travel/hospitality, communications, legal, internet, education, retail, chemicals, engineering, pharmaceuticals, associations and government. A sampling of his clients include MasterCard, Oracle, ebay, SAP, Inova Health System, Hudson Bay Company, DuPont Chemical, Intelsat, TVA, General Dynamics, World Bank, BI, Inc., McKesson Medical, SRA International, General Accounting Office, and the Federal Judicial Center. He is also affiliated with Motorola’s Executive Resource Service and the Wharton School of Business’ Executive Development Program.
David is a recognized speaker who has been featured at the annual conventions of several national organizations. Founder and director of Leadership Advantage, LLC, he lives with his family in the Washington, DC area.
Specializes in instrumented executive, team, and organizational culture assessment and feedback.